QUOTES ON BEAUTY
- “A beautiful thing never gives so much pain as does failing to hear and see it.”
- “A man paints with his brains and not with his hands.”
- “Beauty is the purgation of superfluities.
- “Carving is easy, you just go down to the skin and stop.”
- “Death and love are the two wings that bear the good man to heaven. “
- “Even if you are divine, you don’t disdain male consorts.”
- “Every beauty which is seen here by persons of perception resembles more than anything else that celestial source from which we all have come.”
- “Every block of stone has a statue inside it and it is the task of the sculptor to discover it
- “Faith in oneself is the best and safest course.”
- There is nothing that makes its way more directly to the soul than beauty.
- It is amazing how complete is the delusion that beauty is goodness.
- Pick a man for his human qualities, his values, his compatibility with you, rather than what he represents in status, power or good looks.
- Beauty in distress is much the most affecting beauty.
- I’m tired of all the nonsense about beauty being only skin-deep. That’s deep enough. What do you want an adorable pancreas?
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- The soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone. John Keats Beauty is truth, truth beauty.
John Kenneth Galbraith
- There is certainly no absolute standard of beauty. That precisely is what makes its pursuit so interesting.
- Fair tresses man’s imperial race ensnare, And beauty draws us with a single hair.
- She walks in beauty like the night Of cloudless climes and starry skies; And all that’s best of dark and bright Meet in her aspect and her eyes: Thus mellowed to that tender light Which heaven to gaudy day denies.
Henry David Thoreau
- The perception of beauty is a moral test.
- No object is so beautiful that, under certain conditions, it will not look ugly.
- Since love grows within you, so beauty grows. For love is the beauty of the soul.
- Women’s modesty generally increases with their beauty.
- A woman whose smile is open and whose expression is glad has a kind of beauty no matter what she wears.
- Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything beautiful, for beauty is God’s handwriting.
- The echoes of beauty you’ve seen transpire, Resound through dying coals of a campfire.
D. H. Lawrence
- Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.
- The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart.
- The love of beauty in its multiple forms is the noblest gift of the human cerebrum.
Marcus Aurelius Antoninus
- Whatever is in any way beautiful hath its source of beauty in itself, and is complete in itself; praise forms no part of it. So it is none the worse nor the better for being praised.
Louisa May Alcott
- Love is a great beautifier.